Saturday, January 21, 2012

It's snowing today.  I wish I enjoyed the snow.  It's pretty to look at; I'm staring out my large glass porch door and seeing it accumulate and can appreciate the beauty.  I've lived in New Hampshire my entire life, but I can't recall the last time I thought to myself, "Wow, I can't wait to be out in the snow!".

I imagine when I was a child, I liked it.  I can remember building snow forts, sledding and making snow angels.  I loved snow days.  It's sad that as we get older, things that once brought such amazement are nothing more than inconveniences.  Maybe when Connor gets older and can be brought out to play in the snow I'll like it.  I'm sure his innocent adoration of the soft, cold, fluffy presence that is snow will bring, at the very least, a smile to my face.


No comments:

Post a Comment